Re: Body content filter work on html alt content?

2003-01-15 12:35:53
At 10:36 2003-01-15 -0500, Jefferis Peterson wrote:
So the question is, can body content filters be used on html text.

:0
* B ?? .*3dpageturn.*

Will that work, or  will it fail to detect the content?

Better:

:0B
* 3dpageturn

A leading wildcard is only necessary if you've ^anchored to the beginning of a line, and trailing wildcard is only necessary if you're MATCHing to retain the text. The 'B' flag says to run the regexp against the body.

This won't match the text if it is comprised of HTML ordinals or has embedded HTML comments or the like. Ultimatley, to contend with such things, you'll need to consider making an external filter to clean up the message text, and then compare against that using the VARIABLE ?? regexp syntax.

If you have the messages in files, you can easily toss the above recipe (add an action line though!) into a sandbox and verify that it would work or not. See the links in my disclaimer for info about sandboxes.