Re: Procmail will not use a VAR as filename for mailbox

2003-01-16 01:27:23
Lars asked,

| The thing i want procmail to do is as follows:
|
| Scan subject filed for match "crontab*"
| Then use the Subjectfield, as a filename for that mail.  (field will be
| unique everytime because it is a text+time field and 1 mail will/can
| arrive at that time)
| A lot of files can be generated in a week so, I need the complete
| information in the Subject field as a filename.

You should also add some precaution to make sure it's really from your
system's cron daemon so that nobody sends you prank mail with "crontab*" in
the subject.  Also, make sure that the subject will never have any slashes or
nulls in it.  The first set of brackets enclose space and tab; the second set
enclose caret, space, tab; and the soft quotes on the action line are
important:

:0:
* ^Subject:[     ]*\/([^     ].*)?crontab\*.+
"$MATCH"