Re: No good spamming bastards are using new tricks to get by the filters

2003-01-19 23:09:45
Louis posted,

| procmail: Score:      -2      -2 ""
| procmail: No match on "B ? 1^0 (<)!--"

The correct syntax for specifying a search area is two question marks.  Even
if you fix that, by using x=0 as the weight, you'll score 1 the first time
procmail finds a match and then further matches won't be counted.

 * B ?? 1^1 (<)!--

is more like it.  I find this alternative more readable:

 * 1^1 B ?? ()<!--

but they both work equally well.

| So, it looks to me like '* B ? 1^0 (<)!--' isn't the right formula.

No, it wasn't.

| So I did a little more reading, and came up with this:
|
| :0B
| * -2^0

That will work.

| | formail -Y -f -A "X-Spammer: HTML Comments out the wazoo"

Ah, but that kind of action looks like something you'd want to filter.

| I'm finally figured out what the problem is.  I needed to specify the
| recipe as a filter.

Yes.  That, and changing the x value in the weight to 1, and using a syntax
that would search the body (the B flag is, except for size conditions, just as
good as "B ??" on the condition itself), were what you needed.