Re: Header problem

2003-01-28 05:10:59
On 28 Jan 2003 Laurent Balloy
(laurent(_dot_)balloy(_at_)cadeaurelation(_dot_)com) wrote:

Mail from subscribed newsgroups isn't delivered to the correct user,
instead it gets delivered as an error to the postmaster (me). I checked the
email headers,and found that X-Rcpt-To: is used, but not To:, CC:, or BCC:
Procmail seems to be missing it. Is there a patch or addon that fixes
this?

Are you trying to use Procmail to route users' messages? If so,
I suggest that you read this section of my Procmail Quick Start:

 Important Warning: Procmail Cannot Reliably Route Users'
 Messages in a Virtual Domain

which is here:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#virtualDomain>

Also, in this section I'm collecting information about headers
such as X-Rcpt-To -- can you tell me what MTA is injecting that
and what service provider has it set up that way.

Thanks much,
Hope this helps,
Nancy

--