Re: Problem with auto-reponse

2003-01-29 10:45:05
At 09:45 2003-01-29 -0700, LuKreme did say:
On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 08:55 AM, Laurent Balloy wrote:
:0 HBhb

As his Kremeness subtly demonstrated in his followup example, rather than using the HB flags, instead use the 'B ??' operation to run a specific regexp against the content of the body. Also, 'hb' is unnecessary as it is the default - the flags are intended to be used when you want one or the other to be passed to a filter.

* ^Content-Type:.*
*
^*filename=.*\.(pif|vbs|reg|scr|bat|com|exe|clp|dll|pwl|dot|hta|lnk|js| sys|d
rv|bin|ovl|aut|bak|pl|cgi).*

That's not a valid condition, I don't think.  Conditions start with *

it did - obviously the line was wrapped. The regexp is still invalid - one does not anchor to the beginning of the line, then use a wildcard count modifier without the character specifier. He probably meant to start the expression with something more like:

* ^[    ]*filename

Specifying:

* ^.*filename

is valid but wholly unnecessary, since if you don't anchor to the beginning of the line, the following would match just as well:

* filename

Autoresponders should be thoroughly checked out in a sandbox before being stuffed into a live .procmailrc. It'll save you and others loads of grief.

Try this:

VERBOSE=ON
:0

You should explain that $MOI is set to your loop address. Also, your formail invocation doesn't actually add an X-Loop header, so this isn't going to stop a loop...