Re: Subdirectory

2003-02-01 12:57:08
Jostein Berntsen <jostein(_dot_)berntsen(_at_)sensewave(_dot_)com> wrote:

I use procmail and mutt with maildirs. When I use a recipe like
this:

:0
* ^From.*jostein
IN-musikk/IN-loureed

I don't get a new directory made under the main directory. What
should I do to get this?

Well, uh . . . make sure the directory exists before you invoke
procmail with the recipe in place?

You can also use something like what appears in the procmailex man pages,
to wit:

              MONTHFOLDER=`date +%y-%m`

              :0 Wic
              * ? test ! -d $MONTHFOLDER
              | mkdir $MONTHFOLDER

              :0:
              * meeting
              ${MONTHFOLDER}/meeting

       The same as above, but now by slightly different means:

              MONTHFOLDER=`date +%y-%m`
              DUMMY=`test -d $MONTHFOLDER || mkdir $MONTHFOLDER`

              :0:
              * meeting
              ${MONTHFOLDER}/meeting

--