Re: Garbage vs Valid

2003-02-02 15:38:30
PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org (Professional Software
Engineering) wrote:

checking for the consonants as a character class not including ph is a
bit more complicated.  I welcome seeing someone else scribe that one

Looking for four or more in a row, and decrementing "ph" down to a count
of one, I ran the below in my test harness, setting "string" alternatively
to "phphphp" and "bcpydfg":

CNSNNTS = bcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxz   # no Y

:0
* $        string ?? ()\/[$CNSNNTS][$CNSNNTS][$CNSNNTS][$CNSNNTS]+
* $   1^1  MATCH  ?? [$CNSNNTS]
* $  -1^1  MATCH  ?? ph
* $  -3^0
{ LOG = $LOGSUCCESS }

As wished for, the first succeeds, the second does not.

--
dman