Re: procmail dumped into smtp mail format - how can I convert it?

2003-02-08 06:18:33
On 02/07/03 10:06 PM, Professional Software Engineering sat at the `puter and
typed:
At 21:02 2003-02-07 -0500, Louis LeBlanc did say:

I goofed up some syntax on my ~/.procmailrc, and now I have an SMTP
mail text file with a bunch of email I'd like to recover.

A mail queue file (which really should be a bunch of individual queue
files)?  Or perhaps you mean a mail spool file?  Dunno why mutt won't open
it, but some idea as to what's different about the mailbox file from simple
mbox would be useful.

Checking the file with the file command shows it as SMTP mail text.
This is dumped into the file before formail has any opportunity to
'fix' the headers.  Either way, I finally found it after searching
thru about 200 google hits.  Had to kick myself when I realized the
answer was right there.  Here's what I did:
formail -ds < smtp.mail > mail.mbox

Nice and easy.

Thanks for the reply.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc(_at_)keyslapper(_dot_)org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

briefcase, n:
  A trial where the jury gets together and forms a lynching party.