Re: Global Procmailrc Issue

2003-02-10 11:29:16
At 11:00 2003-02-10 -0600, Scott Moseman did say:

It scans headers and then the bodies.  The
"headers" scanning, which is most important
for white lists, only appears to work for a
couple users.  The "body" scanning seems to
work for everyone, though.

Depends upon how you're doing it. Since you conveniently omitted inclusion of a failing recipe in your post, how do you suggest that we provide meaningful feedback on your problem? Have you set a LOGFILE and defined VERBOSE=YES ?

I might hazard a *GUESS* that you're using something which invokes a *SHELL*, and the recipe thus only works for users who have a shell defined (oh, say, members of the ADMIN group might be expected to shell into the server, but everybody else is restricted from that). If this is the case, you can temporarily define a shell in /etc/procmailrc:

# temporarily define a known shell for the /etc/procmailrc file
ORGSHELL=${SHELL}
SHELL=/bin/sh

#(whatever)

# restore SHELL and *UNSET* ORGSHELL
SHELL=${ORGSHELL}
ORGSHELL

If this fixes your problem, you owe me two beers. I have a preference for Cream Stout (just like Watney's <sniffle>).