Re: Spurious bounce message when using procmail with Exim

2003-02-14 00:12:35
At 11:15 2003-02-13 -0800, Andrew Kelley did say:
------ pipe to | /usr/bin/procmail
generated by andrewke(_at_)buggy(_dot_)frogspace(_dot_)net
(ultimately generated from test(_at_)andrewkelley(_dot_)net) ------

procmail: [5356] Wed Feb 12 20:39:27 2003
procmail: Assigning "LOGFILE=/home/andrewke/.procmail/log"
procmail: Opening "/home/andrewke/.procmail/log"
</bounce message>

Any thoughts on how I can avoid these bounce messages? I've tried a couple
of .forward permutations, with no luck.

your .procmailrc would be useful, at least the first few lines of it.

General hint: assign LOGFILE *BEFORE* setting variables which establish logging, otherwise the initial logging goes to STDERR. I bet Exim has a problem with seeing info on stderr...

i.e.:

LOGFILE="filename"
LOGABSTRACT=ON

rather than:

LOGABSTRACT=ON
LOGFILE="filename"

I pointed this very same thing out to someone else on this list just this past week.