Spurious bounce message when using procmail with Exim

2003-02-13 21:21:43
I am trying to invoke procmail via a .forward file (the forward file is
just a pipe to procmail, as recommended by my local man page).  Procmail
works just fine; however, Exim generates a spurious bounce message each
time it feeds a message to procmail.  Here is a sample bounce message:

<bounce message>

pipe to | /usr/bin/procmail
generated by andrewke(_at_)buggy(_dot_)frogspace(_dot_)net
(ultimately generated from test(_at_)andrewkelley(_dot_)net)

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to | /usr/bin/procmail
generated by andrewke(_at_)buggy(_dot_)frogspace(_dot_)net
(ultimately generated from test(_at_)andrewkelley(_dot_)net) ------

procmail: [5356] Wed Feb 12 20:39:27 2003
procmail: Assigning "LOGFILE=/home/andrewke/.procmail/log"
procmail: Opening "/home/andrewke/.procmail/log"
</bounce message>

Any thoughts on how I can avoid these bounce messages? I've tried a couple
of .forward permutations, with no luck.

Thanks,

Andrew