update: Re: filter rules using variables

2003-02-14 13:43:11
<snip>
Would you expect that to work in a shell? $wordlist is just a string
containing the path, why would you expect it to contain the contents of
the file pointed to by the path?

Oh isn't that nice when trying to be clever before the coffee kicks in. Thanks for pointing that out, I would have found that this afternoon and then been mad at myself.

I would show a fix but I suspect you can take a better approach to the
problem, for example spamassassin or razor. Also there are faults with the
recipe which indicate you need to read the documentation; no file locking,
efficiency, etc; read the manual before getting creative. :-)
<snip>
I am already using spamassassin but I started using filters because there were several instances of raunchy material getting through.

I use file locking for my subject and from filter but when I was using it to search the body as explained here it did not work. My current working rules are as follows:

:0:
* ^From.*(bgates|bad|words)
bad-spam

:0:
* ^Subject.*(ad\:|advertis|market|other|bad|words)
bad-spam

:0 B
*.*(ad\:|advertis|market|more|bad|words)
bad-spam

Am I missing something? What I would like is to have these word sitting in a central place so it will be easy to manage.

Thanks for all the help!
-Luke