RE: filter with two rulles

2003-02-20 04:07:35
-----Original Message-----
From: procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
[mailto:procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE]On Behalf Of
Nikos
K. Kantarakias
Sent: 20. februar 2003 11:32

or you can drop all your virus-about rules and use a specific filter for
that purpose like the one I've been developing and you can find it here:
http://agriroot.aua.gr/~nikant/nkvir-rc
Of course its only for viruses and some nig-scam.

I strongly recomend Nikos' YAVR.  I have had it running for some weeks.
just to give you an idea - here are some stats from 13/2 until now (6 days):

  Total Average  Number Folder
  ----- -------  ------ ------
      0       0   44972  ## diagnostic messages ##
  44223    4913       9 /dev/null
...various folders deleted from stat...
 139537   69768       2 virus-Bugbear
   8983    8983       1 virus-Exploit-IFrame
27905727  138147     202 virus-Klez
 888889   63492      14 virus-Lirva
 475069   47506      10 virus-Yaha
  57136   28568       2 virus-could-be
  ----- -------  ------
116310955    1726   67365

previously I had some rules on my own to trap the Klez-virus, but not the
other ones.

so 231 virus mails are catched.  I started checking them to see if there
were any false positives, but there weren't, so I don't anymore.  the rules
also does a great job of warning for potentially macro-viruses by changing
the subject of the email.  both entries to "virus-could-be" have been emails
containging viruses.

no viruses have (yet) passed these tests (to my inbox) as of my knowledge.

thanx Nicos for a great set of rules.

Fredrik

--
Fredrik Rodland         Stocknet                                Mob  : +47 992
19 817