AW: Dead.letter file from sendmail

2003-02-20 06:31:07
Hi!

Thanks for you quick response.......
I want sendmail or any other mta to resend the messages to the
receipnents.......

How can I test this on one message? The dead.letter file is about 34megs
big........

Greets
Tom

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dallman Ross [mailto:dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2003 13:13
An: Mueller, Thomas; procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Cc: Dallman Ross
Betreff: Re: Dead.letter file from sendmail

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 01:04:29PM +0100, Mueller, Thomas wrote:

Formail -s sendmail dead.letter but nothing happend........which
parameter do I have to use?

First, move dead.letter somwhere absolutely out of the path of any stdout
from your processes.  Then: you forgot the stdin
redirector:

        formail -s sendmail < file

But perhaps you want to use "procmail" instead of sendmail in there. I'm
unclear on what you are trying to accomplish with the messages in that
folder.  Will sendmail grok their headers as you wish?  I'd test this on one
message first that you expect to go somewhere you control.

--
dman