How do I deduce/set/control the size limit for /var/spool/mail/usermailbox

2003-02-25 16:40:26
We are using Postfix with Procmail 3.22 and (WU)IMAP
on RH 7.3

We're bumping into what appears to be a mailbox size limit.
Things had been going without any problems for several months
until we started seeing the following bounces for mail to 1
( and only one ) of our users:

    This is the Postfix program at host server.ourdomain.com

    below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

    delete your own text from the message returned below.

    The Postfix program

    <someuser(_at_)ourdomain(_dot_)com>: can't create user output file.
    Command output: procmail: Error while writing
    "/var/spool/mail/someuser"

I've checked the mailing list archives for postfix and procmail
and searched google for "can't create user output file" and
postfix/procmail.  The only answers I found concern initial setup,
file permissions, etc.  We've been running this server as our MTA
and LDA as well as IMAP and webmail server for several months and
never had these problems.  Just to be sure, I reviewed our user
accounts, disk quotas, partition size, free space on the filesystem,
file permissions, ad nauseum and found nothing out of the ordinary.
Ran postfix check to verify no permission problems, etc.  Only the
user with a mail box approaching ~50MB ( 511834549 bytes ) in size
was affected by this problem.  I can find no documentation or
configurable settings concerning this "size-limit".  Once this
user purged some mail, they started receiving mail again.

Any further information would be appreciated.

Paul Ogden
Claresco Corporation