RE: Newbie (sendmail) question

2003-02-25 14:25:46
At 17:34 2003-02-25 -0300, FRODRIGUEZC(_at_)REPSOLYPF(_dot_)COM wrote:
        Your solution is very much like the one I implemented.

I was under the impression that you were having problems actually implementing anything. If I'd known that you had already achieved the configuration change, I wouldn't have spent the time addressing a non-procmail issue in the first place.

in my mail. The problem is... this one hacker was not malicius enough
to set himself up an account in hotmail, or yahoo.

Uh, I don't understand - if the chap is using a _specific_ address, then you should be able to virtual-domain that address and redirect it (via the MTA). It isn't a matter of what domain he's using. If you're saying that he's using multiple addresses (or, uh, different trojans, or versions of a trojan, are mailing to different addresses, which is to be expected), then yea, there's not a lot you can do about that.

Then I am out of luck with all these methods since it would be inadmissible to rule out all mail to these domains.

There is an oft-repeated maxim here: Procmail is not an MTA. It applies not only to people attempting to use Procmail to deliver email when they no longer have envelope information, but also when someone is trying to achieve something which is done within the MTA. Procmail is _not_ invoked on sent email. It is possible to hack sendmail to invoke an external process (such as procmail) on sent messages, but that is a matter for the MTA configuration.

Please see news: comp.mail.sendmail  and <http://www.sendmail.org/>

[big snip]