Re: Regenerate From_ with Date in formail

2003-02-27 21:16:11
On Thursday, Feb 27, 2003, at 20:11 Canada/Mountain, Don Hammond wrote:
I'm confused by the example given, and am relying on the description
just above it which seems clear enough to me.  However, I'd suggest
that the Date: header is not the best place to get the date from.  It
can be off by months or more from the actual delivery date which should
be contained in From_.  That date should be available in the last (top)
touches the message, so it is both reliable and predictable.

While it is possibly predictable, it is certainly not necessarily reliable. For example: