Postfix Always BCC and /etc/procmail interaction

2003-03-18 23:28:52
Hello,

I am trying to get sending and receiving of mail to automatically get
copied into a Maildir sub folder of one account. I use postfix as the
MTA and use the always_bcc option to split a copy  off to send to the
big brother account. I use a .forward to push the mail through procmail,
where I sort it into the maildir directory. However when implementing
the incoming copy through procmail called as the mailbox command from
postfix. With an /etc/procmailrc forwarding all mail except the senior
management team to the bigbrother account, where it gets sorted
according to the ~bigbrother/.procmailrc.  I've also included *^From:
*mydomain.com in order to avoid getting a duplicate messages ie one from
always bcc and a copy of it from procmail. Always bcc will provide the
copy I need for people who are sending mail from our server. Another
oddity I'm seeing is for some odd reason even though I've got a
/etc/procmailrc as follows
SHELL=/bin/sh
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/
LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmail.log

:0 H
* !^TO_(_dot_)*pres(_at_)sterlingcrane(_dot_)ca
* !^TO_(_dot_)*vp(_at_)sterlingcrane(_dot_)ca
* !^From: (_dot_)*(_at_)sterlingcrane(_dot_)ca
{
:0c:
! bigbrother(_at_)sterlingcrane(_dot_)ca
}

I'm getting mail delivered to my /var/spool/mail/jhenkel mbox as opposed
to my ~/Maildir/ can anyone explain why this is happening? A copy never
ends up in my ~/Maildir.

Is there a mail loop perhaps?

Anyone have any ideas?

--
Jayson Henkel <jhenkel(_at_)sterlingcrane(_dot_)ca>
Sterling Crane