Re: regexp thoughts for future procmail version

2003-03-23 13:48:47
On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

My idea: in a future procmail rev, wouldn't it be useful to have a
built-in variable expansion syntax which auto-escapes the variable
content?

It's already there.  Try $\ENVTO ... I don't think it works with the
${VAR} form, but there's other strange stuff about the way ${VAR} behaves
compared to just plain $VAR that have led me to avoid it except in cases
where I need to segregate "VAR" from some other text immediately after it.