Re: regexp thoughts for future procmail version

2003-03-23 15:28:17
At 12:44 2003-03-23 -0800, Bart Schaefer did say:
It's already there.  Try $\ENVTO ... I don't think it works with the
${VAR} form, but there's other strange stuff about the way ${VAR} behaves
compared to just plain $VAR that have led me to avoid it except in cases
where I need to segregate "VAR" from some other text immediately after it.

Thanks, works just like I'd hoped. Darned thing is in the manpage, but for whatever reason, I'd never noted the "all-magic-regular-expression-characters-disarmed" bit (yea, it's a long hyphenated phrase in the manpage).

I appreciate David's offlist bit of humour about how delayed my post to the list must have been with $\VAR already being in procmail... <g>