Re: Change the location of user mailbox

2003-04-09 17:14:21
On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 05:17:45PM -0300, Víctor Villar wrote:

 I need to use the home directory of the user, defined in the
/etc/passwd file, not a diferent folder from /var/spool/mail, is it
posible ?

On rereading this several times, I have come to the conclusion
that you are asking about changing directories in order to write
to a specific other dir.  Is that a valid conclusion of mine?

If so, you want the MAILDIR setting, which is not to be confused
with maildir-type mail directories (it preceded them, actually),
and is procmail's chdir command.

        MAILDIR=wherever/you/want/to/be

See `man procmailrc' and `man procmailex'.

--
dman