Re: Change the location of user mailbox

2003-04-09 18:03:23
At 01:43 2003-04-10 +0200, 'Dallman Ross' did say:
On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 05:17:45PM -0300, Víctor Villar wrote:

>  I need to use the home directory of the user, defined in the
> /etc/passwd file, not a diferent folder from /var/spool/mail, is it
> posible ?

On rereading this several times, I have come to the conclusion
that you are asking about changing directories in order to write
to a specific other dir.  Is that a valid conclusion of mine?

I'm thinking _not_. The question, as worded implies that it is for other users, actually from /etc/passwd.

If this is for an ~/.procmailrc then:

        MAILDIR=$HOME

Would work, but if there's no ~/.procmailrc (or, if this is a desired systemwide setting), for procmail to deliver elsewhere without the benefit of a .procmailrc telling it as much, then recompiling is necessary.