Question about using procmail to merge message/partial messages

2003-04-16 02:54:18
Hi,

I'm trying to set up an email-based upload mechanism using procmail. My
users have large files which need to be uploaded to our Web site. We are
trying to do this by having them send the file via email to
upload(_at_)localdomain(_dot_)com, where procmail splits it into multiple
message/partial types and sends it to upload(_at_)ourwebsite(_dot_)com

At that end, we need a way to combine the various message/partials back
into the original file and move it a specified directory. The script at
that end should be able to check that all required partials have arrived
before attempting a reassembly.

Further enhancements at a later date might be to tag each partial with a
PGP signature for authentication/tracking purposes. The script on the site
would then need to check the sign on each partial before reassembling.

I have got the first part (splitting) done with splitmail and procmail.
However, I cannot figure out how to do the reassembly. I'm not even sure if
procmail is the right tool here.

Can anyone throw some light on this problem, or suggest a tool that could
perform the reassembly for me?

TIA,

Vikram
--
Eventually the revolutionaries become the established culture. And then
what will they do?