Re: how to run procmail on a file

2003-04-18 09:23:17
Kenneth G. Goutal wrote:

> I believe that I have looked through all the docs, but I haven't been
> able to figure out how to apply my entire .procmailrc, as it stands,
> to an existing file.

That is in the docs somewhere, but I'd have to log into one of my shell
accounts to find the exact place.

First, rename the mbox to something that your .procmailrc doesn't write
to; if you don't, procmail will keep filing messages there, and formail
will keep finding the new copies at the end as additional messages to
process.

Second,

 formail -s procmail < newnameforyourmbox

And third, rm newnameforyourmbox.