how to run procmail on a file

2003-04-18 09:03:58
I have been running procmail for a few years now, mostly for spam control,
but also to pre-sort messages from mailing lists.
My .procmailrc file got hairier and hairier.
Finally I started using the 'junkmail' utility as well.
I recently rewrote everything, and it mostly suits me, but ...

I'd like to run procmail on a file of mail messages.
These messages may have been accepted and stored by Elm,
or may in fact have already been processed by procmail with a previous set of
recipes.

I believe that I have looked through all the docs, but I haven't been able to
figure out
how to apply my entire .procmailrc, as it stands, to an existing file.

Help?
— Kenn Goutal ; mailto:kenn dadum mv period com ; http://www poke mv poke
com/users/kgg