[newbie] problem with producing bounces

2003-04-21 21:11:56
I have multiple domains hosted on Alabanza.com-hosted servers (I'm a reseller)
and their control
panel system doesn't seem to offer a way to produce normal "Unknown user"
bounces when someone
sends mail to an undefined (no POP or alias) address. The options they provide
are to define a
"catch all" address in the "Mail Manager" section of their "Control Panel" or
to "Bounce Default
Email," but their idea of "bouncing" is to have procmail tell sendmail the
following (I've replace
the actual domain name):

* $RECIP ?? ^^(_dot_)*(_at_)$DOMAIN
{
        :0h
        * !^FROM_DAEMON
        |(formail -rtk  -A"X-Loop: default(_at_)domainname(_dot_)ext"
-A"Precedence: junk"; \
        echo "This is an autoresponder. I'll never see your message." ) |
$SENDMAIL -f$RECIP -t
}

So, if someone sends a message to <badaddress(_at_)domainname(_dot_)ext>, their
system responds with something
like this: