Re: YANQ: Reply to an alias

2003-04-30 14:36:07
El Mié 30 Abr 2003 12:30, Dallman Ross escribió:
On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 10:49:14AM -0300, Gerardo Herzig -Departamento

de Proyectos Especiales e Internet- Facultad de Medicina wrote:
But...in that case, $USER ($LOGNAME, formail -x 'From', whatever) will
be gherzig(_at_)fmed(_dot_)uba(_dot_)ar, and i want to say
myself.another.site.org!!

Well, "man formail" would do wonders, Gerardo.

      :0 fwh
      :
      | formail -A"From: gherzig(_at_)another(_dot_)site(_dot_)org"

Thanks for all the answers. I need to explain a little more about the
situation:
Here are about 500 users, and many of them have aliases (in other servers,
which off course i have no access) in different servers to `my' server. Let's
say:

Dr. P have this account: p(_at_)doctoroffice(_dot_)org(_dot_) In order to have
all the emails
in one account, hi call doctoroffice.org's administrator and say: "Hey,
forward my emails to dr(_dot_)p(_at_)fmed(_dot_)uba(_dot_)ar, please". I have
not been clear in the
explanation in the previous message. This situation can expand to a wide
range of relay systems (and even diferent operating systems too). That's why
i'm asking how to get the original address.

Thaks to Jake, Dallman and Andrew!!
Reading the Nancy's answer, at first sight it seems to be MTA's dependent.
Thanks to Nancy, too!

And sorry for my english, remember, i'm a Sudamerican Indian ;-)

--
Gerardo Herzig
Departamento de Proyectos Especiales e Internet
Facultad de Medicina
U.B.A.