Re: Mangled "From " header.

2003-05-02 15:25:53
At 13:55 2003-05-02 -0700, Faux_Pseudo did say:
--<-(Faux_Pseudo <Faux_Pseudo(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> leyos tos loyos emiv apo O epistol)->--
> This started a few days ago.
> Procmail is messing up the "From popserver" line of random emails so
> that they are appended to mbox as ">From popserver" which results in
> all kinds of trouble.

This is makeing my life hell.  I haven't changed anything in my
procmail so this is happening out of the blue.

Has your system ( procmail binary | formail binary | MTA program binary | MTA config | /etc/procmailrc file ) been changed?

If you save a message to a file:

:0c:
backup.mbx

does this file have the problem?

What about:

:0c:
* ^From[ ]
backup.mbx

Which should only match if the message is being passed INTO procmail without this messup - if THIS doesn't match, then it isn't how procmail is saving anything, because the message is arriving in procmail's care fscked up.