Re: Procmail for X

2003-05-03 11:50:38
On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 11:50 Canada/Mountain, ppalsha wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been talked about before, but I'm running Mac OSX on a
PowerBook G4. I use the Mail program that came with my computer and was
wondering how compatible it is with promail?

Depends on how mail arrives on your machine. If you use mail.app to get your mail off a remote machine, then no, procmail doesn't run because you do not have a LDA (Local Delivery Agent). That is to say, mail doesn't "arrive" at your machine, it is downloaded by a mail client.

Does Procmail even run under X?

Yes, but you would most likely need to use fetchmail to get your mail, and then use procmail to sort it. I also use imap to serve it so my Mail.app checks imap mail accounts on my local machine.

--
Behind every great man there's a woman with a vibrator -- Hawkeye Pierce