Re: Procmail for X

2003-05-01 20:17:07
On Thu, 1 May 2003, ppalsha wrote:

I'm sorry if this has been talked about before, but I'm running Mac OSX on a
PowerBook G4. I use the Mail program that came with my computer and was
wondering how compatible it is with promail? Does Procmail even run under X?

procmail comes with OS X and is in fact the default MTA if you have not
yet activated sendmail on your system.

on my system i have fetchmail get all my mail then it's run through
procmail and sorted into mailboxes in my home directory.  i have also
setup an IMAP server on my system so that i can access all of these
mailboxes via any IMAP aware mail client or via any of the unix console
mail programs directly.

i have heard that Apple's Mail can no longer read local unix mailboxes as
it has in the past so your best bet is to setup an IMAP server and then
use Apple's Mail to connect to that locally.

hth.