Re: Getting fetchmail work with procmail

2003-05-01 16:47:32
Hi!

From "every incoming mail" I get the impression that you mean that you're
running SA from /etc/procmailrc (if so, please just state as much, as it
saves confusion), since "root", "user 1", and "user 2", etc should all be
processed through that as part of "every incoming mail".  If instead,
you're talking about a ~/.procmailrc invoked SA, just on
_your_user_account_, then that's different.

I'm having no $HOME/.procmailrc, just "/etc/procmailrc".

Review your config, and if this englightenment doesn't point out what is
wrong, then please follow up with a clarification of what you're _really_
doing, since it's near impossible to diagnose specific problems from vague
overviews.

"The force was with me..." and I restarted configuring the whole thing from
scratch:

Now, I'm, my root cron job runs fetchmail with the "-m..." stuff, and
procmail is delivering the mails as I configured is "/etc/procmailrc". The
only thing I got stuck upon a little bit is the fact that procmail is taking
root as the local recipient for mails that aren't processed by a recipe.

So I had to add

:0
/var/spool/mail/fetchmailuser

as last recipe to make procmail deliver mail to my fetchmailuser instead of
root.

BTW:
my "/etc/procmail" now looks like this:

---<snip>---
:0fw: spamassassin.lock
| /usr/bin/spamc

:0
* ^Subject;.\*\*\*\*\*SPAM\*\*\*\*\*
/var/spool/mail/spam

:0
/var/spool/mail/fetchmailuser

'nuther Q: did you _start_ with the -m invocation, or did you simply
switch
to it after a previous config failed to work?

I started over with the -m option after installing SA and taking a look at
procmail's log seeing that no mail fetched by fetchmail was processed with
procmail.

It seems that everything is working now...

Thanks for your help!!!

Eduard Warkentin