Challenge-Response (PYLM)

2003-05-09 03:49:16

Hot on the heels of recent discussion here about such systems, be prepared to be bombarded with CR crap from a major service provider:

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22390-2003May6.html>

What they seem to miss is that _their_ customers don't have to do anything extra - it's the people who communicate with them, including _listservs_, and _bounces_.

If they let bounces through without verification, you can expect an influx of forged mailer-daemon bounces.

Food for thought. Anyone considering a PYLM scheme should read the article. No mention of procmail of course, but since the topic comes up here every so often, it seems topical.