Re: SpamAssassin:

2003-05-09 07:37:00
On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 06:55  AM, Mahmood Iqbal Hashmi wrote:
Recently I did install Spamassassin-2.53 on my Redhat Linux 7.3
where Sendmail 8.11.6 running as MTA and Procmail v3.22 running as
LDA. In the same system we are running Amavisd-0.1 virus scanner.
Please let me advice how can I use Spamassassin with procmail and how
can I block spam and email address using blacklist_from or
whitelist_from statements in local.cf file.

Aslo tell can I use Spamassassin in /etc/procmailrc for the global
use or what permissions and sevices are required.

You can find this information in the documentation which came with SpamAssassin. If you installed with CPAN you may not know where that's located; do "locate Mail-Spam" at the prompt to find the Mail-SpamAssassin-2.53 directory. Read the "INSTALL file you'll find there,
 and you will find examples for running SpamAssassin from procmail.

You can also find this file at <http://spamassassin.taint.org/dist/INSTALL>
.

You may also find "man spamassassin" and "man spamd" to be helpful commands.

pjm