Re: matching the email address

2003-05-11 00:41:59
At 22:30 2003-05-10 -0600, His Kremeiness did squish:

All I want is the "username" portion of the From: header so I can filter mail into specific mailboxes:

Huh, you mean, just like the FROM_USER and FROM_DOMAIN stuff in my standard sandbox? I put it into my .procmailrc as a standard extraction so that it is available to any recipe that might care to use the information.

Follow the link in my .sig

while I'm here, I'd also like to be able to say something like

if $UNAME=(smitty|bsmith|bobosmith) UNAME=bsmith

:0
* FROM_USER ?? ^^(smitty|bsmith|bobosmith)^^
{
        FROM_USER=bsmith