Procmail with SpamAssassin and MailScanner

2003-05-11 03:42:56
Hi

I just wanted to make sure that I am doing things the right way
around.  I'm not all that good at Procmail configuration.  Thought I
should consult someone else...

I've set up MailScanner to work on my own workstation...

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/

Seems to be working and properly configured.  I've exchanged e-mail
with the autoher of the software.  He agrees with me that it's as it
should be.  Also set up SpamAssassin 2.53.  This looks as though it's
properly configured but I think I might have to do some more work on
it.  Following the instructions on the page at...

http://useast.spamassassin.org/dist/INSTALL

I have set up the .procmailrc and .forward files as follows...

.procmailrc

:0fw: spamassassin.lock
| /home/user/sausr/bin/spamassassin

:0:
Spam

.forward

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #richard"

for myself at /home/richard.  This is working fine although I think I
can probably improve on this ? Any suggestions greatly received with
thanks.  Under /etc/procmail I have........

#LOGFILE=/tmp/procmail.log
#VERBOSE=yes
SENDER=$1
SHIFT=1
# Until now, mail is untagged, you may add rules for
# mail that must not be tagged

:0 hbfw
| /usr/bin/spamassassin -P

# Now mail is tagged by spamassassin
# You may insert other rules here

:0
| /usr/sbin/postfix -i -f "$SENDER" -- "$@"

:0
        * ^TO.*
        richard

Can anyone see any obvious mistakes in all of this ?  Wasn't quite
sure whether to send this to the SpamAssassin list or the Procmail
list.

Thanks for any help offered.

--
Richard