delivery address (not envelope To:)

2003-05-12 13:27:35

I'm trying to write a procmail recipe that'll auto-generate unsubscribe
messages in response to RFC 2369 compliant headers.  Mail for an entire
domain is being delivered to a single user with a Sendmail virtusertable
entry.  I'm seeing about 20000 messages a day, about a quarter of which
is "valid" lists (notwithstanding the fact that they ignore bounces) and
three quarters of which is spam.

Obviously, I need a way to re-create the list recipient's email address,
so this is really a Sendmail config question than a Procmail one; it is
Sendmail that determines the local username to pass to procmail on the
command line specified by Mlocal.

Is there a way to get SMTP's RCPT TO data to show up somewhere in the
headers, so that procmail can do things with it?  Could I perhaps have
sendmail pass the RCPT TO address to procmail via an additional -a on
Mlocal's command line?

Pointers to relevant documentation online would be appreciated.  :)

  Paul Chvostek
<paul(_at_)it(_dot_)ca>
  Operations / Abuse / Whatever
  it.canada, hosting and development                   http://www.it.ca/