Re: Problems with tonns (!!!) of spam

2003-05-14 10:08:27
At 05:42 2003-05-10 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
I think, I need to change my (local) mail-Server-Setup.
Which mean, I need to filter mails before downloading.

Yea, provided your "local" mail server is on the internet side of the cellphone link you're paying through some body orifice for.

I use three Mail-Adresses to download the 37 Mailinglists into a
local-Archive because ther are more the on person reading the lists.

So never I will answer mails with this E-Mails.
But I get Spammed from elsewhere.

How you reply to them shouldn't be a concern. If you're saying that the addresses to which you are subscribed to discussion lists don't get spammed, then it seems pretty straightfoward that you'd forward all those messages to your cellphone (or deposit in your mailspool, however your cellphone is actually retrieving mail), and just do heavy filtering on your private email account (where we must presume all your spam arrives at).

Do you know a program (under Debian) which can Delete mails which do
not come from the Mailinglists (=whitelist)

Uh, I dunno, why not use PROCMAIL? If you're looking for _some_other_program_ to deal with your mail, you're asking on the wrong list.

Alternatley, just run all your mail through something like SpamAssassin, via a procmail wrapper which ditches the highly suspect stuff. Lots of this stuff is documented in the procmail archives.

Filter all the known mailing lists to which you are subscribed (and if you're a real tightwad, you can strip list footers and some headers as well - perhaps store an original on your mail server, but deposit the cleaned up version in your mail spool for cellular download). Factored over a large number of messages, a bit of scrubbing can really add up.

Note:   Downloading of 60 Mbyte Mailinglists per Month cost me 30 Euro
        per month.
        But last Month I have had additional 37 Hours for arround
        500 MBytes which cost me 220 Euros more.

You might be happy to know that the European cellular services are a LOT cheaper than their American counterparts.

        I like to bill the Spammes which are in *.nl and *.de

Where I'm from, spammers tend not to include information on where to send invoices and they often use freebie tollfree services through which you cannot obtain their identities without involving court action.