Re: Procmail -- "No permission to execute"

2003-05-23 06:47:54
[Trimming to keep some people happy]

sbirl:  PSE-L:  This list has a searchable archive, linked from the procmail
homepage:
sbirl:  PSE-L:
sbirl:  PSE-L:  <http://www.procmail.org>
sbirl:  PSE-L:
sbirl:  PSE-L:
sbirl:  PSE-L:
sbirl:  PSE-L:
sbirl:  PSE-L:  or, your system is running smrsh ('man smrsh')
sbirl:  PSE-L:
sbirl:  PSE-L:
sbirl:
sbirl:
sbirl:  Thanks.  I'll search the archives.

I searched the archives and looked at smrsh as well.  No help.
I cp'ed  /usr/bin/date  to  /var/adm/sm.bin/date
ran  smrsh -c date  and received the standard output.

I grep'ed for Mprog in sendmail.cf, as I read in the URL above.

-----
Mprog,          P=/bin/sh, F=lsDFMoqeu9, S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
D=$z:/,
-----

so sendmail isnt using smrsh.

The log still says I have no permission to execute the date command.

Now what?

Thanks.