Re: Filtering Yahoo! groups using $MATCH on subject line

2003-05-27 16:11:29
I searched the archives for this, but couldnt find a good answer.

Given the numerous Yahoo! groups that Im subscribed to, I want to match
only the [.*] portion of the Subject line and file it accordingly.

Bad approach.

1. Not all Yahoo Groups lists use a subject tag.
2. Some that do don't surround them in brackets.
3. If another list member sends an off-list reply to one of your posts,
chances are nearly 100% that [s]he will leave the tag in, and then your
recipe will mistake the personal reply for a list post.

Scrap it.  Start over.  This is far better:

* ^Mailing-List: list \/[^(_at_)]+

I'm subscribed to about thirty lists on Yahoo Groups, and it works flawlessly for all of them.