Re: Filtering Yahoo! groups using $MATCH on subject line

2003-05-27 20:04:54
On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 15:03 Canada/Mountain, Wesley Hart wrote:
  # Generic yahoogroups digest handler
  :0
  { DIGEST_MBOX = $MATCH }

Where 'aaaaa', etc. are substituted for the groups I subscribe to.

Yes, but that is not a "Catch-all" recipe, which is what the original post was after.

pulling the listname and then dumping to match is more efficient sine the recipe doesn't need changing if you subscribe to another yahoogroup.

I use the Mailing-List: header that Yaho adds to all the groups:

# Yahoo Mailing-List header is formatted
# Mailing-List: list GROUP(_at_)yahoogroups(_dot_)com; contact GROUP-owner(_at_)yahoogroups(_dot_)com
:0:
* ^Mailing-List:.list.\/[^(_at_)]+
$MATCH.$MONTHFOLDER

(where $MONTHFOLDER is previously defined to be May.2003 currently)

Although, I am currently not subscribed to any yahoogroups on an account where I have procmail (my yahoogroups all go to my mac.com address)

--
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.