Re: Recipe to match within text - need help

2003-05-30 13:44:49
On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 06:15:40PM +0000, Cyndi Norman wrote:
Hi all.  I'm having trouble coming up with a recipe for what I need and I
was hoping someone here could help.  I've studied examples and FAQ pages
but can't get anywhere.

I have an HTML classified ad submission form on my website (see:
http://www.immuneweb.org/classifieds/ ) The submissions come through as
email and I put up the ads by hand.  Unfortunately, spammers have gotten
ahold of the specs and I get 100-200 spam submissions every day.  No that's
not a typo.  I get 5-10 legit ads per week.

Since there are only a dozen or so key words in the text of these emails
that I need to ID 95% of them (without ever getting a false positive), I
thought I would use procmail to sort the spam ones into a folder.  Later,
when I'm convinced the code is right, I'll sort them into the trash.  The
fact that I never ever actually post any of these ads hasn't slowed the
bastards down.

Sorry, not procmail suggestions, but this honestly sounds like
something better suited to a bayesian fiter like
bogofilter/spambayes/etc.  You could do a taylored database set for
just the ad content.  I use bogofilter for a general spam catch, and
have had no problems with false positives, ymmv.

--
Till Later, Jake <karrde+procmail(_at_)viluppo(_dot_)net>