Re: saving to stdout [was "Stupid User (me)"]

2003-06-03 08:30:48
On Sunday, Jun 1, 2003, at 20:30 Canada/Mountain, David W. Tamkin wrote:
If your recipe had this action with no `f' flag,

 | formail -i"X-Header-1: YES"

then the message was modified by formail and written to stdout.  Now,
where did stdout point?  If you weren't using the -m option when you
invoked formail, stdout was closed.  The messages did indeed vanish.

That's what I suspected.  Good thing I make backups.

OK, I lied. They came to me, and I've been laughing my head off reading
them.  You're one weird dairy product.

Nah, it was only my list email, and just about every mailing list I'm on has a public archive (or sometimes several public archives).

--
Rent a flat above a shop, cut your hair and get a job, smoke some fags and play some pool, pretend you never went to school and still you'll never get it right cuz when you're lay'n in bed at night watching the roaches climb the wall if you called your dad he could stop it all.