procmailrc flow -- global, per-user?

2003-06-03 14:52:29
I've done a fair bit with procmail in the past, so I'm pretty comfortable
with writing an actual procmailrc.  But I've never used a /global/
procmailrc script, and I need one for the project I'm currently working
on.  A quick Google search didn't turn anything up, so I thought I'd ask
here.

Basically, how does a global procmailrc work?  If I set up a global procmail
script, will the per-user scripts still be run?  What if a user has a
.forward file in their directory?

Ideally, the users .forward would be run, then if delivery is still local,
the global procmailrc would be used, then the per-user procmailrc.
(Obviously, if a user has .forward set up to call procmail explicitly with
their local recipes, then the global recipes will not be used.)

We're using sendmail 8.12, and would be using procmail as the LDA, so
per-user .forward's wouldn't be required.

TIA,

    - Damian