Re: procmailrc flow -- global, per-user?

2003-06-04 14:25:18
At 16:13 2003-06-04 -0400, Damian Gerow did say:
>                 SHELL=${ORGSHELL}
>                 ORGSHELL

Good idea...  But I think you're missing an '=' on the second line...

There's a distinct difference between setting a variable to be an empty string and UNDEFINING a variable, which in a default config, would have never been present, and therefore SHOULD be undefined.

Thanks -- this is the tidbit that I'm looking for.  The global procmailrc
will not be doing delivery -- we leave this up to the user.

FTR, "delivery" includes delivery to /dev/null, forwards, and piping to programs, not just the user mailbox.

So (forgive the basic questions, just trying to make sure I've got this
right) what happens if we have a global procmailrc, and the user has neither
a .forward nor a .procmailrc, and the global procmailrc does *not* do
delivery?

Procmail will invoke the /etc/procmailrc file, then deliver the message to the user mailspool.