RE: procmailrc flow -- global, per-user?

2003-06-04 03:23:23
Professional Software Engineering wrote:

Good review of /etc/procmailrc, Sean.  One thing I question, though:

'man procmail' details several commandline options which will affect
whether /etc/procmail is skipped.  From memory, this includes:

         -f-
         -p
         -m (rcfile)
         (any rcfile)

IOW, if there's a .forward file necessary to invoke procmail
(or used in any event - but once procmail-as-LDA hands the
.forward-invoked program - even if that happens to be procmail -
then the procmail-as-LDA is out of the picture),

I don't believe the -f- or -f stops /etc/procmailrc.  I'm
too coffee-depleted to think about testing it now, though.

On my system (NetBSD), having a .forward that calls procmail does
not stop /etc/procmailrc or the LDA.

--
Dallman Ross

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably does not lead to
anywhere."
        Thoughts of Rev. Sunnan Kubose, from _Zen in the Markets_