Re: procmailrc flow -- global, per-user?

2003-06-04 16:04:57
On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 02:02:52PM -0700, Professional Software Engineering
wrote:
At 16:13 2003-06-04 -0400, Damian Gerow did say:
                SHELL=${ORGSHELL}
                ORGSHELL

Good idea...  But I think you're missing an '=' on the second line...

There's a distinct difference between setting a variable to be an
empty string and UNDEFINING a variable, which in a default config,
would have never been present, and therefore SHOULD be undefined.

Well, that wasn't the second line, Sean.  I don't know what your
original post looked like anymore, but here's what Damian's quote
of you looked like:

                ORGSHELL=${SHELL}
                SHELL/bin/sh
                (do your stuff)
                SHELL=${ORGSHELL}
                ORGSHELL

The *second* line *does* look like it is missing an equals sign.

Btw, Damian, coincidence, or did you swipe my old Usenet attribution
(I haven't used it in email or on this list in many years, but I still
use it in some Usenet postings) of "thus spake" so-and-so?

--
dman