Recipe to match within text - Thanks!

2003-06-02 10:54:50
Thanks very much to David for his help and Sean for descriptions.  I am
using this recipe:

:0:
* ^From: anonymous(_at_)immuneweb(_dot_)org
      * B ?? (Ad-Placer|\
        typenearn|\
        adtypingjobs|\
        arvsr2003|\
        Srinivasan|\
        Home Workers Needed|\
        yahoo\.co\.in|\
        Type Ads|\
        sendfree\.com)
$HOME/spambouncer/blocked/classifieds

Amazingly enough, so far this short list of keywords seems to be catching
*all* of the spam with zero false positives (except for a couple every day
which are blank submissions, just a header; I don't think they're errors
cause they're not followed up by real ones and because even errors have
text in the box).  It's such a relief to get that out of my inbox.

I'll give it another week to finetune the recipe and then into the bit
bucket it goes.

While I appreciate the good will of people like Sean and Jake, doing
something involving heavy programing with random graphics, encoding, and
etc is not what I was looking for.  I got nothing but those suggestions on
another list I asked on.  I specicially went to a procmail list because I
wanted a procmail solution.  Unless someone wants to donate his/her
programming time to me, it's out of my ability range. :-)

But the procmail solution is working so well that I don't feel the need for
anything else.

Sean asked if I had "'tweaked' the message headers."  No, I copied them as
is.  Other than adding a couple carriage returns to the ad text for
readability, I made no changes and I left out no lines.  The example I gave
was definately one of the spams.  I think the spammers are using software
that goes through my web form, as opposed to emailing me direct with
similar output.

Thanks all,
Cyndi