Re: Procmail fractional scoring screwed up.

2003-06-04 01:31:43
Practically a lifetime ago, on Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Dallman Ross wrote:

My experiments seem to indicate that procmail doesn't handle this
syntax right:

      w^fractional.x  ?? regex

While it does handle this syntax right, I think:

      w^fractional.x ?? > 1

I just encountered an obscure bug with the w^x > y scoring.

* $ $SIZE^0 > $SIZE

is true (in fact, has value supremum) when $SIZE is zero.

According to "man procmailsc", that should have a value of

                   0
            /  M  \
            \  0  /

where M is the size of the message.  But procmail catches the division by
zero and treats the result as infinity without considering the exponent or
the multiplication, or at least it so appears.  3.22:

procmail: Assigning "SIZE=0"
procmail: Score: 2147483647 2147483647 "> 0"