Re: any good patterns for catching 419 spam?

2003-06-06 16:07:40
multimedia-fan(_at_)myrealbox(_dot_)com, too shy to give a name, wrote:

Just make sure you filter against the body of the message certain common
keywords and phrases such email scams use.

Yes, of course. My question was what those keywords and phrases might be. I was hoping some other people had already pored over the dang things to find some patterns and I wouldn't have to wait and collect a bunch and then go blind analyzing them if this particular wheel had already been invented.

Here is a sample of some of those words that I have in my procmailrc ...

Thank you.  It will probably catch most of mine.

I think this page has a good documentation of samples and message
contents of such scams, along with additional names and keywords that
you might want to consider checking against.

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcaselton/spam/nigerian.html

I'll check there too.  Thank you.