'WORD TOO LONG'

2003-06-12 02:05:41

     Running Linux 2.0.39, procmail 3.22, qpopper 4.02

     Getting a lot of these in recent days

Word too long.
procmail: Program failure (1) of "formail -i"Subject: [NORDNS] $MATCH""
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
  Folder: /var/spool/mail/sheepish                                        50416

     Not itself a problem, but they are correlating with corrupted
mail boxes, missing 'From ' lines, missing headers etc.

     Haven't been able to capture the spam causing it...

     I am most concerned about the corrupted mail boxes, haven't had
them in ages.  This is a popper only machine, no one has direct access.

     Our /etc/procmailrc runs a small spam tagging program that compares
subject lines against database of spam subject lines, and tags the subject
line if in the database, thus the call to formail.  In the case above the
mail came from a No RDNS server, so it was tagged with [NORDNS].

     Homer

/etc/procmailrc:
MAILDIR = /var/log/spam
PMDIR   = /var/log/spam
LOGFILE = /var/log/spam/log

:0 hw
WHERETO=|/var/log/spam/spam "$1" "$2" "$3"

:0
* WHERETO ?? ^^devnull
/dev/null

:0